Hohner Special 20
The Hohner Special 20 harmonica is one of the best and most popular harps ever made. There is a good chance that your favorite harp player has one or more of these harmonicas in their case, as it is very dependable and produces a quality sound. If you read a Hohner Special 20 review, you will discover that this is one of the best harmonicas, played by many professionals including the likes of Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, and John Popper. It has a great response, fantastic bending ability, and one of the best tones, making it an ideal choice for anyone learning to play the harmonica as well as professionals.
- Diatonic harmonica
- Traditional Hohner tuning
- A molded plastic comb with projecting mouthpiece
- 20 classic reeds with recessed 0.9mm brass reed plates
- Stainless steel covers with closed sides
- Handmade German quality
- Rich, full tone with quick response
- Great for all styles of music
Hohner Special 20 Reed Plates
A, Ab, B, Bb, C, D, Db, E, Eb, F, G
TurboHarp offers a variety of Custom Tunings on many of its harps. The type of Custom Tunings available is dependant upon the harp, so be sure to check the Product Options for available tunings.
- Natural Minor
- Harmonic Minor
- Paddy Richter
- Country Tuned*
- Hong Bender*
- Special Custom Tuning
- PowerBender Tuning
- PowerDraw Tuning
* Please allow 2 weeks build time for Country Tuned & Hong Bender
About PowerBender Tunings
Invented by famous harmonica player Brendan Power, PowerBender Tuning builds on the best parts of the traditional Richter Tuning while altering the scale to make the real juicy and important notes much easier to obtain throughout the whole three octave range.
- Same familiar breathing pattern in the upper-middle registers
- All draw notes bend everywhere, holes 1-10
- On the un-valved version you can overblow every hole 1-10, for full chromatic playing
- Overdraws and blow bends are no longer possible or needed on a PowerBender - they are replaced with simple draw bends
- On the half-valved version, a mix of normal draw bends and valved blow bends gives full chromatic-ism
- Top octave easy to play (intuitive) as many familiar phrasings can be adopted from the bottom octaves
- Easy to play in the common positions: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 11th, and 12th
About Special Tunings
- Use the following layout to indicate your tuning preference
- Create a file (image or document) containing your layout
- Upload the file using above Product Options
* an upload file box will appear when you select Custom Tunings, and then Special Tuning
- Or, Email Us the tuning information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get a Free Gift with any purchase over $10!
Buy any Harp - Get any of these items for 50% OFF!
Thank You for your patience with us during the "New Website Switch"
We keep having small issues with the site, but we are doing our best to fix them as they appear!
Thank you for business!
talks about his latest
The World's 1st Tunable Harmonica